The excel2wis xml tool is a script used to generate large set of XML metadata WMO Core 1.3 files from an excel file. The software is under the free open source GNU license: GPL v3
System and Program Requirements
The script has been tested in Linux and Windows 7 with:
- Python 2.6.6
- Excel 2003
Excel2wis requires 4 python libraries:
- xlrd 0.9.4 (https://pypi.python.org/pypi/xlrd)
- xmltodict 0.9.2 (https://pypi.python.org/pypi/xmltodict)
- xlwt 1.0.0 (https://pypi.python.org/pypi/xlwt)
- argparse 7.1.2 (https://pypi.python.org/pypi/argparse)
Command Line Example
From a Linux station, save the python script, the template and the excel document in a dedicated directory. Give the execution permission to the script and execute it by passing in argument the excel file.
The generation xml files will be stored in the same directory, with filename format: MD_uniqueid_YYYYMMDDHHMMSS.xml
The github repository for excel2wis is at:https://github.com/OpenWIS/excel2wis
Official documentation for excel2wis can be found in the exce2wis repository.
- The User Manual can be accessed at: https://github.com/OpenWIS/excel2wis/blob/master/Excel2wisxml_manual.pdf
- The Developer Manual can be accessed at: https://github.com/OpenWIS/excel2wis/blob/master/excel2wisxml_developer_manual.md
How to Get Involved
To get involved with the project, or if you have any questions, please send an email to Meteo France team.
Project Email: email@example.com