Actions open at 15th March 2017
Developer Conference 2016 (DC)
- Sep ACTION-DC-2016-01: LM - Creation of video on the build process
- Sep ACTION-DC-2016-05: PR - Have full sponsor’s Legal review CLA agreement and comment
- Sep ACTION-DC-2016-07: RG - Administration of Open Mailing list. Probably need to have one administrators of this list
- Sep ACTION-DC-2016-11: LM - General examination of extended JBOSS capabilities for portals) (Action: Entire Team, led by Leon)
- Sep ACTION-DC-2016-13: LM - Examination of using GN3 LDAP for user accounts. Work to understand is how to shoehorn user permissions and groups to data as well as metadata, and the application of this to cache.
- Sep ACTION-DC-2016-17: MC - Update OpenDJ/OpenAM scripts for deployment
Technical Committee (TC)
- Dec ACTION-TC-2016-59: All - review OpenWIS v4.0 and provide the feedback as GitHub Issues within the OpenWIS4 repository.
- Sep ACTION-TC-2016-46: LM - Circulate the url of the portal on Proxmox.
- Jul ACTION-TC-2016-44: RG - Will send round an email with the team contact email address.
- Mar ACTION-TC-2016-25: WQ - TC to set a task to develop onboarding docs set for developers.
- Mar ACTION-TC-2016-23: JT - Include the requirement for the Security Service to control data access in the Data Policy workpackage.
- Mar ACTION-TC-2016-22: RGr - Create a work package to review Data Policy and Access Control implications in detail.
- Mar ACTION-TC-2016-21: RGb - Investigate how to link the data policy in the metadata with the assignment of GeoNetwork privileges.
- Mar ACTION-TC-2016-20: JT - Create a work package for WMO metadata guidance templates.
- Mar ACTION-TC-2016-18: JT - Create work package on UI improvement for bulk subs.
- Mar ACTION-TC-2016-15: RGb: draft a User Story for the User Portal subscription process.
- Mar ACTION-TC-2016-13: WQ - document the design pattern policy; still deploy to wildfly in short/medium term.
Steering Committee (SC)
- Mar ACTION-SC-2016-32: EE - Check with Michael Robbins for fees related to trademarks.
- Mar ACTION-SC-2016-31: BB - Will help develop a value proposition. But I’m not ideal; people in WMO have that experience, so I will ask around to see if I can identify the right
Mar ACTION-SC-2016-30: JT - Let’s put targeted communications on the agenda for the next SC meeting.
- Mar ACTION-SC-2016-28: JT - To write a strategy paper on: Where we can deliver the most value for the broader community in the near future.
- Mar ACTION-SC-2016-26: RGib - Provide to the Association the feedback received so far from users to TC and SC.
- Mar ACTION-SC-2016-24: LLG – Clarify in the communications plan.
- Mar ACTION-SC-2016-23: RGib - email info about who is using OpenWIS to both TC and SC.
- Mar ACTION-SC-2016-21: JT/PR - Work with Michael to determine legal validity in all territories of a click-through online CLA - and validity under Belgian law. Refer to legal contact of IRM?
- Mar ACTION-SC-2016-20: JT/PR - Talk to Michael Robbins about whether an umbrella agreement would have legal standing.
- Mar ACTION-SC-2016-19: RGir - Investigate appetite for a project proposal with DWD.
- Mar ACTION-SC-2016-18: MDA - Find out if NMS Canada is interested in bringing MetPX under the OpenWIS umbrella.
- Mar ACTION-SC-2016-17: WQ - To do a project proposal relating an investigation work package for the OpenWIS Core.
- Mar ACTION-SC-2016-16: JT - Clarify articles that may appear to force other people to pay for your project.
- Mar ACTION-SC-2016-15: WQ(TC) - Define the roles in the development process - see JT doc.
- Mar ACTION-SC-2016-14: PR - RISK for Board Risk Register - That the articles of the Association are not fit for purpose regarding, particularly:
- Article 14.1 Architecture role of TC,
- Article 9.1 No mention of contributors,
- Article 21.2 Indemnity of partners and contributors.
Annual Meeting (AM)
- Mar ACTION-AM-2016-07: MDA – Establish a Risk Register for the OpenWIS Association AISBL.
- Mar ACTION-AM-2016-02: JT/SC - agree smart metrics for each goal by June SC.
- Mar ACTION-AM-2016-01: WQ/PR - draft a process for separating PMC/TC tasks into appropriate meetings.
Actions closed by 15th March 2017
- Mar ACTION-AM-2016-06: EE - Remove the 30 day rule about budgets from the Internal Rules annex.
- Mar ACTION-AM-2016-05: EE – Amend the Internal Rules annex to recommend due diligence when purchasing.
- Mar ACTION-AM-2016-04: EE – Amend the Internal Rules annex to oblige the seeking of quote(s) or estimate(s) and sending them to the Treasurer prior to entering contractual arrangements.
- Mar ACTION-AM-2016-03: MDA - Talk to ING contact on return to France.
- Mar ACTION-SC-2016-07: WQ - TC to review the use of these servers in Jan 2017 and decide whether to extend.
- Mar ACTION-SC-2016-10: JT - As part of going open source we need a Communications Plan.
- Mar ACTION-SC-2016-29: OL - Come up with an appropriate name.
- Mar ACTION-TC-2016-19: BB - Ask Simon Pigot for an update.
- Dec ACTION-TC-2016-60: PR - Add a Kanban task for this review.
- Dec ACTION-TC-2016-58: PR - Share proposal on development process improvements by end of January.
- Sep ACTION-DC-2016-15: LM - Examination of the use of message queues. This won’t happen in the initial 4.0 release, but occur downstream (Action: Entire Development Team)
- Sep ACTION-DC-2016-10: DW - Work with Geonetwork in understanding users and groups within GN3. These apply to metadata records. Can something similar be created for data?